Global Ground Disturbance Level I®: This 2.5 – 3 hour program is designed to ensure personnel are aware of the hazards and necessary items required to ensure safety. Participants are always under the direct guidance of a ground disturbance supervisor with Level II® certification. The Level I® program was designed to meet the regulatory requirements for companies with a massive, fully supervised labour base. Emphasis is placed on recognizing hazards, and knowing when to stop work and inform the supervisor for further assessment. This course is assessed to the ABCGA 101 Ground Disturbance Standard.
Course Outcome of Global Ground Disturbance Level I®:
- Explain what a ground disturbance is, and when and why common hits occur.
- Define what a Code of Practice is, and the need for one.
- How to undertake a ground disturbance.
- Distances involved when searching for an underground facility.
- Illustrate minimum sources for searching for underground facilities
- Permits and pre-job meetings
Global Ground Disturbance Level II®: This program is the Level II® course is a 6.5 hour program that is designed for any party that is supervising a ground disturbance, independently performing a ground disturbance, or issuing and receiving ground disturbance permits. The program ensures that Level II® personnel are familiar with, and fully understand, all the regulations and variances involved when a ground disturbance takes place. The course is presented in a logical sequence – from the pre-planning stage to the actual dig – and highlights the ‘musts’ compared to the ‘shoulds’. Level II® is the standardized program recognized by industry regulators. Certification is valid for 3 years. This course is assessed to the ABCGA 201 Ground Disturbance Standard.
Course Outcome of Global Ground Disturbance:
- Clarify the sources when searching for underground facilities.
- Providing notification to facility owner and receiving owner notification.
- Approvals/Crossing agreements.
- Regulations, exposure, permits and pre job meetings.
- Creating a plot plan/site drawing.
- Line locating and backfill inspections.
- Emergency response plans
- Contacting an underground facility.
Contact Bullseye Safety:
Krystal or Jonathan Wieler
Downtown Red Deer, #303, 4825 47th St.
Competitive Rates with Quality Training.
Training at our place or yours.
Book your group today!