Fire Safety: Teaches participants about the legislated fire safety responsibilities of the employer and the worker, describes safe work practices related to fire prevention, and provides practical information about emergency response in situations involving fire.
Who Should Take this Course: The course is appropriate for all workplace parties, including frontline workers, supervisors, and management. Everyone in the workplace needs to understand the principles of fire safety and how to respond effectively in the event of a fire.
Course Objectives: Upon completion of the course, participants should be able to:
1. Explain how the issues of fire safety is addressed by occupational health and safety (OHS) legislation in Canada and identify fire safety responsibilities of employers and those of workers.
2. Describe safe work practices that can reduce the risk of fire.
3. Know what to do in the event of a fire.
4. Recognize fire-related situations in which the use of a fire extinguisher is appropriate and situations in which it is best to evacuate rather than try to put out the fire.
5. Identify the types of extinguishers, and the classes f fire that can be put out using each type of extinguisher.
6. Know how to use a fire extinguisher.
7. Understand the maintenance of servicing requirements related to fire extinguishers.
Evaluation Process: At the end of each module there is a test. Participants must successfully complete the test before continuing to the next module. Participants that do not achieve 100% can review the module content and try as many times as necessary to advance and complete the course. The questions are randomly selected from a test bank, making each test unique.
Course Duration: This Fire Safety online course is self-paced. Participants may leave the course at any time and can resume where they left off. The time required to complete the course will depend on many factors including the participants learning style and their prior knowledge of course material. Most participants will complete Fire Safety in 1-2 hours.
Register Online Now, its fast, safe and easy!
Please select Buy Now, follow the prompts, and check your inbox for a receipt.
Contact Bullseye Safety:
Krystal or Jonathan Wieler
Downtown Red Deer, #303, 4825 47th St.
Competitive Rates with Quality Training.
Training at our place or yours.
Book online now!